some interesting stats!
According to a survey by Cloudyn and The Big Data Group of 450 Cloudyn customers — who all use AWS — here are the main takeaways:
- Amazon’s EC2 constitutes nearly two-thirds (62 percent) of total AWS spending.
- More than half of those EC2 users now deploy Reserved Instances as part of their deployment.
- On-demand pricing remains the number one choice for most users — it sucks up 71 percent of all their EC2 spending.
- The S3 Simple Storage Service is still the most popular storage option, although Glacier, the cheaper archival storage choice, is gaining momentum.
- The largest constituency among the Cloudyn/AWS users are those who spend less than $50,000 a year on AWS, but they account for just 4 percent of total AWS spending.
- Just 4…
View original post 118 more words